What is digital marketing? In its simplest form, it is online marketing . It is the one that is delivered to the audience through various digital channels , including social media platforms, search engines and mobile applications.
The digital marketing industry has experienced rapid growth since its inception, this is essentially due to the global phenomenon of the Internet and new technologies that have been part of the social and economic transformation of the 21st century.
Digital Marketing Today
Today, companies face increased competition and also great changes and challenges to stay relevant to their customers. At the same time, consumers are changing their buying habits and behavior, making it even more difficult for companies to follow and adapt to trends.
In response to the change in consumer behavior, companies began to use new tools and strategies. They also combined the channels available to connect, engage, and market to current and potential consumers.
It is clear that digital marketing forms and should be part of the marketing strategy of companies. To be successful, companies must rely on a well-thought-out, well-developed omni channel strategy with high-quality content and a non-intrusive approach. All of this is what makes companies stand out from their competitors.
Using the best of both types of marketing, both traditional and digital, companies would have a better chance of success by tailoring their strategy to the target audience they are working with.
Future of Digital Marketing
The digital marketing landscape changes so much and so often that it is almost impossible to imagine what your future can offer in terms of opportunities . Here are some of them:
With the introduction of Siri, Alexa, Cortana and Google Assistant, the popularity of voice search will only continue to grow.
It is a basic form of artificial intelligence and machine learning, but not for this less important. For marketers , this trend will represent many opportunities for targeting and recognizing consumer needs.
Digital marketing professionals will need to create and refine their content strategies based on voice search. How does your target search? What changes will they mean for semantic searches? Will there be changes in the keywords and their search intentions?
With the evolution of Big Data and the availability of in-depth information for the consumer, content personalization is not only accessible, but marketers believe that personalization improves customer relationships.
A chatbot is an automated conversation agent based on artificial intelligence software. Chatbots interact with users in natural language, usually on websites. Its main objective is to answer the main questions that your clients or potential clients have.
If you have a chatbot on your website, you should verify that it is fast and gives the answers that your visitors are looking for. You should also take into account that it does not affect the user experience and that it is connected with your automation tools.
In simple terms, artificial intelligence (AI) refers to systems or machines that mimic human intelligence to perform tasks and can improve interactively from the information they collect.
Its benefits to digital marketing are barely in a discovery and development stage, we have not yet seen even 10% of the capacity of artificial intelligence.
It is the process of evaluating data using analytical and statistical tools to discover useful information and aid in business decision making. There are several methods of Data Analysis including data extraction, text analysis, business intelligence, and data visualization.
Digital Marketing for SMEs
Fortunately, the Internet offers us a series of tools within digital marketing , putting them into effective practice, we can not only reduce costs, but also make our products or services known to countless people.
Here are some ideas that you can use to include your company in the online world .
- Create a web page or at least a blog with which you can generate traffic by posting valuable content for your potential clients, depending on your products or services that you offer.
- Open an account on social networks (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest), post about your products, services and other topics of interest on a daily basis and start to engage with your followers.
- To show your company’s location and relevant information on Google, include them in a directory such as Google My Business or Foursquare.
- In Shopify open an online store to promote your products. Also offer them in other virtual stores such as Mercado Libre or Amazon. Establish yourself as a reliable seller.
- Create attractive videos and images to promote your products or services. There are countless tools with which you can create this type of content such as Canva (Images) or Powtoon (videos). Post them on your social networks, blog or website.
- To verify and measure the results of your actions use Google Analytics and Google Trends, there you can check the statistics of your company or your competition.
- Establish a better connection with your clients and potential clients with Email Marketing, keep them informed with all your offers, valuable content and everything that is happening with what is related in your area.
- Create an effective digital marketing plan . If you still do not know how to start one, at Digital Factoría , a digital marketing agency , we offer and offer you our services to develop an effective digital marketing strategy.
Why do you need a digital marketing strategy?
The group of leads that are online is a much larger group than you can probably attract locally. Using a digital marketing plan, you can centralize your marketing efforts to reach the right person, at the right time. Other benefits of having a digital marketing strategy include:
- Interact with your prospects and learn exactly what they are looking for.
- Reach a global market.
- Save money and reach more customers for less money than traditional marketing methods, always taking into account previous research.
- Get to know your audience and allow them to get to know you personally, which can help you build brand loyalty.
- Track responses to your marketing efforts right away.
Digital media is so pervasive that consumers have access to information anytime, anywhere they want it. Gone are the days when the messages people received about your products or services came directly from you and consisted of what you wanted them to know.
Digital media is a growing source of entertainment, news, shopping, and social interaction . Consumers are now exposed not only to what your company says about their brand, but to what the media, friends, family, colleagues, etc. say. too. And they are more likely to believe them than you.
People want brands they can trust, companies that know them, personalized and relevant communications, and offers tailored to their needs and preferences, and digital marketing is the bridge to it all.